Bardon Mill woollen mill and fireclay works (Henshaw)
In about 1800 this was a water-powered woollen mill but unfortunately all the milling equipment was destroyed by a fire in 1876. Two years later, in 1878, the present building was built by Errington Reay and Company as a pipeworks and it is now used as a pottery for gardenware. Some elements of its former use still survive, such as a water wheel, stationary steam engine bed and kilns.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)|
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Henshaw