Midgeholm Bastle (Bardon Mill)
This isolated bastle lies on the west side of the Allen valley. There is a long range of farmhouses with the remains of the bastle at its east end. Only the north and east walls of the original building survive. They are about 1m thick. An original doorway can be seen in the east end of the building. The rest of the farmhouse was built on to the bastle in the 19th century.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)|
|Event(s):||PHOTOGRAPHIC SURVEY, Towers and Bastles in Northumberland 1995; P RYDER|
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Bardon Mill