Roman headstone built into Hadrian's Wall (Henshaw)
A fragment of a Roman headstone is built into Hadrian's Wall. It was first recorded in about 1877 and found again in 1946. It lies in the second course of stones on the south side of the Wall on Peel Crags. It is carved with a swastika and the letter D. This is a Scheduled Monument protected by law.
|Historical period:||Roman (43 to 410)|
|Legal status:||Scheduled Ancient Monument|
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Henshaw