Shilburnhaugh Mill, Kielder Water (Falstone)
The remains of two stone buildings, together with enclosure banks, field system and possible mill race stood in what is now Kielder Water reservoir. The buildings are thought to be those of Shilburnhaugh Mill which is known to have been used in the mid-17th to late 18th centuries. Before the reservoir was flooded in the 1980s, one of the buildings was excavated in 1976. This found several finds of 17th and 18th century date.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Falstone