The Chapel of Sandiburnesele (Coanwood)
A chapel once stood in this area, which was given to the nuns at Lambley Priory by Adam de Tindale sometime before 1190. The exact location of the site of the chapel is still a mystery, but old maps depict a hamlet called Chapel, which presumably derived its name from this site.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)
Medieval (1066 to 1540)
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Coanwood