The Moot Hall, Embleton (Embleton)
A moot hall is documented in medieval times at Embleton. It is thought to have been the meeting place of a manorial court known as the 'King's Court'. Searches of the village for a likely building connected with the court revealed 16th century features in a building known as the Old Hall in the 1960s. This building has since been renamed Moot Hall in recognition of its likely connection with the court. This is a Grade II Listed Building protected by law.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)
Medieval (1066 to 1540)
|Legal status:||Listed Building|
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Embleton