Medieval chapel at Howick (Longhoughton)
Medieval documents mention a chapel at Howick in 1158. The chapel no longer exists. It was replaced in the 18th century by a new chapel. A hundred years later, in 1849, the 18th century chapel was itself replaced by a new chapel. The location where the chapels were built in now part of the grounds of Howick Hall
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)
Early 20th Century (1901 to 1932)
Medieval (1066 to 1540)
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Longhoughton