Church of St Maurice (Eglingham)
The origins of St Maurice's Church lie in medieval times. There is medieval fabric in the nave, north chapel and chancel and the west tower was built in the later 13th century. In about 1650 the church was partly rebuilt with more alterations taking place in the 18th and 19th centuries. In the tower there is are two medieval bells. This is a Grade II* Listed Building protected by law.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)
Medieval (1066 to 1540)
|Legal status:||Listed Building|
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Eglingham