Fenham Mill (Kyloe)
This was the site of a medieval mill at Fenham. It stands almost on the seashore, though the wheel was powered by the Fenham Burn. It was probably owned by the monks of Holy Island. The slight remains of a building can still be seen, though these are probably of post-medieval date.
|Historical period:||Medieval (1066 to 1540)|
|Event(s):||PHOTOGRAPHIC SURVEY, Northumberland Coastal Survey 1992; GUARD|
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Kyloe