Learchild deserted medieval village (Edlingham)
Learchild was a member of the barony of Beanley and is first recorded in late medieval documents. Although its history is obscure. In post-medieval times various land ownerships are recorded in the 17th and 18th centuries. Some earthworks of the village have been recorded as well as 12th or 13th century pottery found in drainage cuts.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)
Medieval (1066 to 1540)
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Edlingham