Whitton Tower (Whitton and Tosson)
This is a 19th century house with a fortified tower attached to it. The tower dates to the 14th century and was originally owned by the vicar of Whitton. The tower walls are over 2m thick. It is thought that the first floor of the tower was once used as a small chapel. This is a Grade II* Listed Building protected by law.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)
Medieval (1066 to 1540)
|Legal status:||Listed Building|
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Whitton and Tosson