Lambley Farmhouse and adjacent outbuildings (Coanwood)
Lambley Farmhouse is mainly 16th or early 17th century in date with substantial changes to the building between the 18th and 20th centuries. However some fragments of the priory seem to have been reused in the building and the very thick walls in the farmhouse suggest to archaeologists that they may be part of the medieval priory. The former outbuilding, now a house to the east of the farmhouse is later and incorporates the remains of a bastle house, probably 16th century in date. The farmhouse is now a listed building.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)|
|Legal status:||Listed Building|
|Event(s):||PHOTOGRAPHIC SURVEY, Towers and Bastles in Northumberland 1995; P RYDER|
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Coanwood