St Edward's Hospital (Berwick upon Tweed)
This medieval hospital was set up in 1234. It was probably close to the bridge over the River Tweed as it was known in Latin as Domus Pontis (the house of the bridge). It is known from historical documents that the hospital had shut by 1488. There are no remains to be seen on the site today.
|Historical period:||Medieval (1066 to 1540)|
|Legal status:||Conservation area|
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Berwick upon Tweed