Chapel of Ravensdale (Berwick upon Tweed)
This is the site of a small medieval chapel. Work by archaeologists has found stone walls and several human burials. Fragments of pottery dating from the 13th to 17th century have also been found. It is not clear who owned the chapel, but it may have belonged to the Dominicans. After the Dissolution of the Monasteries it became a storehouse until it was demolished in the 17th or 18th centuries. Nothing remains to be seen today.
|Historical period:||Medieval (1066 to 1540)|
|Legal status:||Conservation area|
|Event(s):||TRIAL TRENCH, Land next to Tintagel House 1997; Northern Archaeological Associates|
TRIAL TRENCH, Love Lane/Bridge Terrace 1999; TYNE AND WEAR MUSEUMS
WATCHING BRIEF, Tintagel House, Love Lane 2003; Alan Williams Archaeology
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Berwick upon Tweed