Glen House/ Elm House (Holy Island)
These houses were built together at the end of the 18th century. Buildings are first shown here on a map of 1792. Medieval pottery has been found in the deposits to the rear of the building, which suggests there were earlier remains at this site.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)|
|Legal status:||Conservation area|
|Event(s):||BUILDING SURVEY, Archaeological watching brief and building recording at Glen house/Elm House, Holy Island 2000; BERNICIA ARCHAEOLOGY|
WATCHING BRIEF, Archaeological watching brief and building recording at Glen house/Elm House, Holy Island 2000; BERNICIA ARCHAEOLOGY
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Holy Island