Hartford Bridge (Cramlington)
The earliest river crossing at Hartford was by means of a ford, although this had been replaced by a bridge in the 13th century. The present bridge across the River Blyth at Hartford dates to the late 17th century when an earlier bridge, probably of 15th or 16th century date, was widened. The medieval part can be seen on the eastern side and the bridge probably originally measured about 2.4m wide. Further extensions were added in 1904. This is a Grade II Listed Building protected by law.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)
Medieval (1066 to 1540)
|Legal status:||Listed Building|
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Cramlington